Addressing each of my life choices one at a time

The weight’s still coming off

Thankfully, 2013 has seen the reversal of the gradual but constant weight gain that has typified my recent history.  This morning’s weekly weigh-in confirmed the return of my weight to the same level as that recorded on 11th September 2011.  So, only twenty four pounds of weight loss until I reach my personal weight target. 😉

Image

So what has been the secret of my weight loss this year?  Well, let me tell you.  I banned going to places such as McDonald’s and KFC.  I mean, it’s not real food, anyway!

Every Tuesday, I heat up some chicken quarter pounders and eat one in a bap.  And on a Friday, I have barbeque ribs, rice and sweetcorn.

Yep, that’s how you lose weight.  Forget the dodgy takeaway outlets and eat plenty of barbeque ribs.  Mmm!  Works for me.

Oh, and please excuse the really dodgy selfie that I took yesterday.  I’m not any good at that sort of thing and seemed to forget to smile.

18 responses to “The weight’s still coming off

1. coisart 24 Nov 2013 at 18:22

I’m adopting THAT diet! 😛

2. subacati 24 Nov 2013 at 19:34

Even when I think I’m smiling people tell me to stop frowning. Never have made a good selfie. 😛

On 24/11/2013, Sad Music, Dark Literature and Positive Thoughts 2

3. coisart 25 Nov 2013 at 15:28

the best advice for selfie in bathroom. Flip phone around and look at the reflection of the screen then take a pic.
    And keep the toilet closed. 😆

• Harry...the Man! 25 Nov 2013 at 19:51

I did try that, but the photo is all grainy when I do it that way. My ‘phone is a few years old and was one of the cheapest smartphones even then. The camera just doesn’t work so well the other way around! :doh:

4. coisart 25 Nov 2013 at 20:24

no not the secondary camera. I mean you point your primary at you and see the reflection of the screen in the mirror.
    Gah! I’m bad at explanations…

5. Chrysopeleia 25 Nov 2013 at 22:49

Way to go Harry 🙂
    Diet with barbecue ribs sounds good. Last time I was on a diet it was a diet with homemade pizza. I’ve actually lost weight during that diet, I’ve even managed to reach unhealthy 48 kg (unhealthy for my height) with only pizza and fruits, OK sometimes even cookies for a little pleasure 🙂

• Harry...the Man! 27 Nov 2013 at 19:49

Yes, 48KG is quite light unless you’re about four and a half feet tall (137 cm). You must have been making good pizzas. The takeaway bought ones are packed with sugar and fat. I have always put on weight after eating those. Fruit and vegetables always help, though.

And as for you dieting, I just cannot imagine that you would ever been very overweight. You seem too sensible to completely lose control.

6. novz1983 28 Nov 2013 at 15:40

nice selfie pic Harry. Hey just continue doing what you’re doing, I do love veggies, esp the green leafy veggies..

• Harry...the Man! 28 Nov 2013 at 19:37

Green vegetables are cool. You can eat as much as you like without worrying about your weight. I was first introduced to that idea when I read “It” by Stephen King.

LiefsCarolien.nl

Inner beauty, Food, Lifestyle and with a sparkle of personal

THE OBSESSIVE WRITER

Because life is too overrated to ignore

Time hack wizard

time management coaching

BeBloggerofficial

''Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.'' Benjamin Franklin

Alice Wake Up

Give Life a Meaning

Romy Ras Certified Life Coach

Certified Life Coach, Love Life, Faith, Poetry, inspiration, everyday life, spiritual, Love, Christian, Bible

Poetry, History, Mythology

⚡️La Audacia de Aquiles⚡️

Damyanti Biswas is an author, blogger, animal-lover, spiritualist. Her work is represented by Ed Wilson from the Johnson & Alcock agency. When not pottering about with her plants or her aquariums, you can find her nose deep in a book, or baking up a storm.

Sharing my journey with you.

Chape Fitness