Addressing each of my life choices one at a time

Good ol’ 2014

You know, I really have nothing too much to worry about.

I mean, yes, I was in the Accident and Emergency department last week following a very bad fall when walking to work – boy, the pavement had this slippery film of mud running across it. I’ve also had to take Yasmin to and from hospital for an operation and Gloria is ready to book a back massage session as her back pain is getting worse. There was also the sudden bill of buying a new cooker when our previous machine developed an electrical fault – it was not in warranty as I got it second hand from a friend. Oh, and the Honda will need a new starter motor at some point…But, things are actually okay.

Yasmin was twenty-two this week and Gloria and I spent the evening with Yasmin and her boyfriend. Yasmin is moving out at the end of February to a place nearer to where she works so this will save her a lot of travelling time each week – something like four hours in total each week. Her boyfriend is also moving in with her but he will have a longer journey to work. Oh well, I don’t love him but I love Yasmin so I’m happy with how that’s turned out! 😉 She also has a brand new car which she chose a month ago. She took me along with her to help her decide. She’s asking me a lot of things: nowadays, my opinion on everything is important to her. Two years ago it was the opposite. About five years ago I was ruining her life, or so she said! It all works out in the end.

20131005_photo 5Anyway, must stop wasting your life with me saying that life seems okay at the moment. I always wake up happy, anyway. I believe that if I’m going to be miserable then the day has to have earnt my misery. :sherlock: <- Gee, I miss those MyOpera smilies. 😦

35 responses to “Good ol’ 2014

1. subacati 9 Feb 2014 at 15:11

Ah, the good old My Opera days! We’ll have to kidnap those smilies to, you know, ‘liberate’ them! :devil: Now stay away from those muddy patches!

On 09/02/2014, Sad Music, Dark Literature and Positive Thoughts 2

2. dontevenaskmyname 9 Feb 2014 at 17:34

Hi there !yes the smileys here are a disappointment….

3. dontevenaskmyname 9 Feb 2014 at 17:36

Oh I’m lucyinthesky from opera.Sabine from gplus 😀

4. Chrysopeleia 10 Feb 2014 at 23:36

Oh yes smileys… Also subscription was better on MO, this idea of having all the blogs you follow in one reader is bad for the bloggers that are like me rarely visiting their blogs 😡

5. derwandersmann 12 Feb 2014 at 17:12

Pretty girl, that … resembles her mum.
    Sorry about the accident … these things do happen, but we don’t have to like them. At least you have the NHS … over here, that sort of thing can beggar one.
    The main problem with replacing starter motors is lying on your back under the car with this damned heavy motor on your chest, trying to lift it up (a two-hand job) and line up the bolt holes with the ones in the mounting bracket. You need three hands, but even if you had them, there isn’t room. The rest is a piece of cake.

• Harry...the Man! 12 Feb 2014 at 21:51

Thank you for the compliment regarding the looks of my wife and stepdaughter. Thankfully, Yasmin doesn’t look too much like her Dad. Yasmin’s also given up pointing out that I’m not a blood relative when I tell people that she has my eyebrows. I just point to her that she wouldn’t know anyway – she shaves most of her eyebrows off! 😉

I’m going to treat myself to getting someone else to stick the replacement starter motor in. I’ve had a reasonably priced mechanic who specialises in this kind of job recommended to me. As long as I can do without the car for a day then that’s alright. No problem – I walk to work, anyway.

The shoulder is a lot better than it was. Yes, it still hurts by the end of the day but most of the swelling has now gone. I can also use the computer mouse at work with my right hand again.

Oh yes, I am mighty thankful for the NHS. All those who admire Stephen Hawking should as well as they patched him up real good, too!

6. derwandersmann 26 Feb 2014 at 15:33

Those should show when you approve. Let me know if they don’t.

7. coisart 27 Feb 2014 at 06:54

man them bad things just happen at the best of times don’t they. 😛

• Harry...the Man! 28 Feb 2014 at 22:27

They do, but…hey! Things could be so much worse. I could be living in the Philippines and still suffering from the effects of that record breaking storm they had three and half months ago.

8. tuyphongdaothu 27 Feb 2014 at 07:08

hi, how are you today Harry? is it your university there?

9. Jill 1 May 2014 at 21:22

Lovely girl. Congratulations!

I hope you are doing better now, Harry. Duplicate message from G+

LiefsCarolien.nl

Inner beauty, Food, Lifestyle and with a sparkle of personal

THE OBSESSIVE WRITER

Because life is too overrated to ignore

Time hack wizard

time management coaching

BeBloggerofficial

''Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.'' Benjamin Franklin

Alice Wake Up

Give Life a Meaning

Romy Ras Certified Life Coach

Certified Life Coach, Love Life, Faith, Poetry, inspiration, everyday life, spiritual, Love, Christian, Bible

Poetry, History, Mythology

⚡️La Audacia de Aquiles⚡️

Damyanti Biswas is an author, blogger, animal-lover, spiritualist. Her work is represented by Ed Wilson from the Johnson & Alcock agency. When not pottering about with her plants or her aquariums, you can find her nose deep in a book, or baking up a storm.

Sharing my journey with you.

Chape Fitness