Art helps me to reconcile my past whilst my goals push me into the future

You Are My Sunshine Award…and other stories

Hmm…the first Thursday of 2016 and seven days into the year.  Time for a blog, I have been thinking.

I’ve been thinking the last few days about what my first blog post for 2016 should be.  I was a little tempted to write something about Epiphany, what with yesterday being ‘Epiphany’, ‘Three Kings Day’ or ‘Día de Los Tres Reyes Magos’ depending on your tradition (or first spoken language).  That post might have to wait for next year.

I’m going to put that post on hold because one of my blogging friends here on WordPress has nominated me for the ‘You Are My Sunshine’ Award.  I’m quite touched, to be honest.  I never thought anyone would appreciate my presence that much.

sunshine1

You Are My Sunshine Award

So, the rules of this are (I understand that taking part is voluntary) –

• Thank the person/people who nominated you.
  • Answer the questions from your nominators.
  • Nominate eleven other bloggers
  • Give them eleven questions.
  • You could check out the blogs I nominated and follow them if you like.

So, a big heartfelt thank you to Emz who can be found at Side By Side.  She already has my recommendation as I can be picky about which blogs I read.  Please do look at her blog and also the blogs that I nominate.

First off, I’ll answer the eleven questions posed by Emz and then I’ll list my eleven nominated blogs. If I have nominated your blog but don’t feel like doing this, don’t worry as it’s intended to be a fun thing and no-one will take offence if you’d rather sit this one out.

Anyway, my interview (so to speak) by Emz –

Describe yourself in three words.
Loyal, paternal, easy

What do you blog about?
Things that have been on my mind during the previous week. I can be serious about those things close to my heart but I usually try not to be.

Coffee or tea?
I have to smile now as this is the question that I always ask a stranger. I actually drink both – usually, coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon. ‘How British’ – I know!

Lights on or lights off?
It depends. I prefer lights off and the curtains/blinds drawn back if there’s sunlight to illuminate the room. Sorry, a little gripe at my work colleagues there.

Morning or evening?
I tend to be happier in the morning but I don’t have a preference.

What can you not live without?
My wife and young female relations ie my stepdaughter Yasmin and neices – a daughter would be wonderful, too!

What is your favourite post on your blog? Link it.
This is a difficult one. I’m pleased with every post that I make before I post it and this pleasure never wanes for any of my posts. But my favourite post would definitely be I Stayed Home and Done Something. This post is about something that I was both emotionally linked to and proud about completing.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who don’t appreciate their daughters like they should do.

Aside from blogging, what do you do on your free time?
I don’t go out much or play on video games. I base my life around my family, Godmother and close friends. Gloria (my wife) and I also have some meals out with the Reverend from our Church, who is an old friend of my late father…who was also a Reverend.

What is your favourite day of the week?
Maybe, Tuesday. There are less people out in the evening and if you need to go shopping or drop into the pub for a quiet drink it’s a good day to go because of that.

Who/What inspires you?
Malala Yousefzai’s father Ziauddin Yousefzai, and anyone else who encourages their daughter with the same pride as they would do a son.

And now, my eleven nominated blogs and their eleven questions.  I should add that there is no particular reason for the order of my list –

A Sneak Peak On The Things I Like
Mostly Photos, With An Occasional Garrolous Ramble
Beauty Beyond Bones
Goan Imports
Tales Of Chinese Cooking
Coisart’s Canvas
Subacati
The Sprite’s Blog

And now, some questions –
What is the greatest thing about the internet?
Who is your favourite person from history and why?
If you won a million pounds, how would you live the rest of your life?
What is your most embarrassing moment?
If you could choose a particular period of history to be born in when would it be and why?
If God granted you the wish to change one event from history, what event would you change and why?
What is your secret weakness? (I won’t tell anyone, honest!)
Who is the World’s worst millionaire?
What is the greatest household gadget ever invented?
How do you relax?
Which biscuit would you describe as the very best?

19 responses to “You Are My Sunshine Award…and other stories

1. beautybeyondbones 7 January 2016 at 22:06

Thank you so much for the nomination! And congrats to you on the award! Well deserved:) again, thank you. It means a lot ☺️

2. ~~ emzlee :) 8 January 2016 at 04:27

Very well, Harry! 🙂

Your answers justify you being paternal. I hope all fathers are like you.

3. dianecheng 8 January 2016 at 05:35

I just got nominated with the same award. Hehehhe ^__^

4. AlluringEby 8 January 2016 at 10:57

THANKS a lot Harry. I feel honoured to be nominated by you for this particular award.
    I wish there were more fathers, husbands and men like you in our world. You deserve the award.

5. Nandini 11 January 2016 at 23:21

Congratulations on your nomination Harry! Great way to start the year. Thank You for the nomination.That is very kind of you.

6. therealliferealtalk 14 January 2016 at 00:58

Hi Harry! I had to stop by and read somethings on your blog. This one in particular have me a chance to know how you think and view life s bit with the interview questions. Loved your answers! Congrats on the nomination for sure. I will be reading more as well😀

7. d4rkn1ght 15 January 2016 at 19:32

Awesome news! Your blog really deserved an award for the great content ❗ Congratulations!! 😎
    Thanks for the nomination! 🙂

8. sprytely50 10 February 2016 at 17:07

Thank You for the nomination. It is good to feel appreciated in some way, I am deeply honoured.
    Apologies for taking so long to reply… I have not been logging in much and WordPress does not seem to work properly on ***any*** of my browsers and I can’t seem to view replies. Gonna have to look into that at some time.
    Cheers

• Harry...the Man! 10 February 2016 at 20:24

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry to read of the browser issues. It’s only when they don’t work well you appreciate how much they do.

I hope we all see more of you in the coming months.

9. Chrysopeleia 20 February 2016 at 23:10

Thank you for your nomination my friend 🙂 I’m happy that you’ve remembered my blog even though my blogging here became so rare 🙂

savedandblessedblog.wordpress.com/

Faith, Poetry, inspiration, everyday life, spiritual, Love, Christian, Bible

poetry & prose by Tim Miller

La Audacia de Aquiles

A DAILY RITUAL OF WRITING

lovekira1996

Some things can't be said out loud. So, I write them down. :)

Sharing my cancer journey with you.

Chape Personal Trainer

subacati

This WordPress.com site is the cat’s pajamas

The WordPress.com Blog

The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.