Art helps me to reconcile my past whilst my goals push me into the future

Blogger Recognition Award

blogger-recognition-awardI’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by a great blogger who goes by the nickname of Chape.  He’s a personal fitness trainer and is a respectful and friendly member of the WordPress community. I am in awe of his incredible mental energy and his genuine interest in everyone that he interacts with on WordPress, Twitter and his YouTube channel. Do yourself a favour and visit his blog.

So, the rules of the Blogger Recognition Award:

1. Write a post to show your award.
    • Check – this is it.
  2. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
    • Will do. See below.
  3. Give two advice to new bloggers.
    • Yep, I’m about to do that, too!
  4. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
    • Cheers, Chape.
  5. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
    • If I receive an award I nominate all of my WordPress friends. So, it would make me very happy if all of you would please take this as a nomination from me.

So, how did this blog start?  Well, I used to blog at MyOpera until it sadly closed.  MyOpera let us export our blogs to other platforms including WordPress and I preserved my former MyOpera blog here.  I hoped to make contact with interesting people around the globe and that has been happening ever since I started.

A number of my friends are also former MyOpera bloggers a few of whom rarely blog on WordPress 😦

And, my two little nuggets of advice for new bloggers?

Be polite and friendly to everyone else that you meet online.  You will come across a variety of opinions and lifestyles on any blogging platform which may be contrary to yours.  Don’t be intolerant of these other lifestyles unless this lifestyle is interfering with other people.  Trolling is the pastime of the inadequate.

My other piece of advice is to blog as regularly as you are comfortably able to, and also to visit and comment on the blogs of your blogging friends.  I aim to blog on WordPress once per week and I try to comment on every post of the blogs that I follow.

17 responses to “Blogger Recognition Award

1. ~~ emzlee :) 1 April 2016 at 13:31

You really impacted the blogosphere, Harry. Thus you deserve this award. Congratulations!!! 🙂

2. chape 2 April 2016 at 08:57

Congrats on a well deserved award, Harry!!
    Trolling is the pastime of the inadequate. I love it!!
    Also, thank you so much for your kind words. My connection has dead a couple of days ago… You made my day 🙂

3. lcbennettstern 3 April 2016 at 00:02

“Trolling is the pastime of the inadequate!” Best line ever!

4. d4rkn1ght 4 April 2016 at 11:21

I wonder where some of the old My Opera users went besides the Vivaldi.net-blogs or WordPress?

Congratulation once more!!! ❗ 😎

5. r_prab 5 April 2016 at 03:25

Wonderful post Harry! The two nuggets of advise are very apt and relevant! I went through your myOpera time articles! They are quite cool.you can re feature posts from that archive intermittently, like once a week or month!They will make interesting reads! 🙂

6. Damyanti Biswas 6 April 2016 at 08:59

Congratulations on the recognition, Harry.

savedandblessedblog.wordpress.com/

Faith, Poetry, inspiration, everyday life, spiritual, Love, Christian, Bible

poetry & prose by Tim Miller

La Audacia de Aquiles

A DAILY RITUAL OF WRITING

lovekira1996

Some things can't be said out loud. So, I write them down. :)

Sharing my cancer journey with you.

Chape Personal Trainer

subacati

This WordPress.com site is the cat’s pajamas

The WordPress.com Blog

The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.